Wally Bock had a great posting in his Three Star Leadership Blog yesterday. Incorporating habits into what you do everyday is critical to developing the organization. Some highlights:
- Everyday, you need to make your expectations clear.
- Everyday, you need to check for understanding.
- Everyday, you need to use every contact and an opportunity to improve team performance and morale.
- Coach team members.
- Encourage good behavior and honest effort.
- Correct what needs correcting.
- Counsel those who need it.
- Everyday, you need to do the hard work of weeding out the unfit and the unwilling.
Great thoughts, tough to practice, but they make the difference between managing and leading.