Monday, April 28, 2008

Empty Your In Box---Increase Your Productivity


A few weeks ago, I read a time management tip about "emptying" your In Box (From Randy Pausch's Time Management Seminar). I'd always used my In Box as a kind of memory jogger on different things, in addition to my to-do and follow-up lists. I decided to try Randy's tip. It's amazing, how well it has worked. I've noticed a tremendous increase in my productivity. I don't go back to old messages, that I've read dozens of times before to remind myself what to do--after all I've already put the item in a to-do or follow-up. Why have another location to confuse and slow me down?



Randy, thanks for a great but simple tip. It's made a big difference for me. Try it.


On the other hand you might remember:



  • One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."--A.A. Milne,author of "Winnie-the-Pooh"

No comments: